After one of the longest weeks in our nation’s history, we now find ourselves facing a global pandemic for which we must all prepare. It is our duty to protect our patients at home and do our part to prevent the spread of this virus. As a Home Health Community we stand ready.
Be mindful of the following:
- Elderly patients are at the highest risk of infection and should STAY HOME.
- We are expecting an influx of patients to be treated at home.
- Any elderly patients experiencing symptoms should self quarantine at home.
As an agency in the time ahead we will be taking action including but not limited to:
- Securing equipment for our staff including masks, gowns, gloves, micro-ban, and goggles.
- Securing and arranging tests as available for those patients showing symptoms.
- Deploying real time updates of infection incident data and care protocols.
- Reinforcing hand washing and clean nursing bag technique with the utmost importance.
- Providing caregivers and patients with care guides.
- Updating our website with links for our patients and caregivers.
- Our Medical Concierge team will be communicating with our healthcare partners and our referral sources, letting them know of our action plans.
- Working closely with caregivers to keep our patients calm and collected during this time.
- Medication reconciliation, critical to assure patients have enough supply of critical medications.
- Promoting good practices in the home including sanitation instruction and reminding our clients to keep a thermometer handy to test themselves and those in need.